Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Town...

Went walkabout yesterday with all the guys from the photography class I'm doing at the Community House....





...I think the locals were a wee bit perplexed as to why six or seven people were wandering around town armed with big cameras.....





...we were quizzed a couple of times about which 'paper' we were with...





...I enjoyed the process of just wandering and clicking...





...with no real end process in mind...





...I do 'tend to take a photograph and immediately plan what I'll do with it in Photoshop....





...sometimes I think that I rely on the post processing too much....





..but then again, I do it because I love it....





..not because I have to make a living or...





...please anyone other than me...





..so that's OK then...


This last one of the Catholic Church is a bit dark I think, which doesn't seem really appropriate. Might have to lighten it a little...

I have several others that I really love but they are of a couple of the people in the group and I won't put them up without at least asking if it's OK with them, so maybe next week..!

4 comments:

Leanne said...

I love camera walking as I call it. I particularly like the 2nd and 3rd snaps.

Shasta said...

These photographs are wonderful. Have you heard about 365project.org where you post a photo everyday?

Tiffany said...

I love the shots of the golden/yellow/orange building. They draw me in for some reason.... not sure why... how interesting! Maybe it's the texture, or the vivid color. Love it!

I'm also so intrigued by the birdcage full of tea cups... with a fork and spoon...

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your photographs are lovely, Lizzy. xx