Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Scavenger Hunt...

oops, I forgot to put in J, thanks jordiegirl...  :o)


I know that sea, surf and sun is not what most people think of when they think of Christmas, but for us antipodean's that's what it's all about, it's our summer, school holidays until February, daylight saving, long warm summer days....so my alphabet is slightly different here in the southern hemisphere to my northern friends....






The Christmas Alphabet Aussie style....




A is for antlers....


   B is for bauble....




 
  C is for clouds on a hot Aussie Boxing day....


D is for deck the halls....


E is for elf....



 
 F is for flowers....



G is for grandchildren....


H is for ham....


I is for illuminated....
J is jewelry


K is for kisses from Santa....


L is for lunch with the girls for Christmas....


M is for mantle dressed for Christmas....



N is for new toy....


 
 O is for open wings....


 
 P is for pies....


Q is for quilt....


 
 R is for reindeer beer....


 
 S is for a snowman, glittering on a hot Aussie Christmas day....


 
 T is for the tree....


U is for unadulterated bubble fun on Boxing day....


V is for very important people....


W is for a wreath of red....


X is for xmas in Australia....


 
 Y is for yellow pansies after a summer shower....


Z is for failure...  :o) just couldn't do this one I'm afraid so I only have 25 letters in my Christmas alphabet....


I've really enjoyed doing this and thanks to Kathy for organising it, can't wait to see what she does for 2012. Have a safe, happy, healthy and very shutter orientated new year...

7 comments:

Sue said...

Oh Lizzie of course Z is for Zzzzz.... a Nanna nap after Christmas lunch!
Loved your post!

jordiegirl said...

Lovely Australian take on Christmas - thanks for sharing.

What was your J - I couldn't see it or am I being silly?

I did zzzzzz for z a child sleeping waiting for Santa to call - couldn't think of anything else. Found some of them a little difficult but got there in the end.

Mel said...

Lovely photos!

Leanne said...

Your certainly are not a failure, great snaps LOVE "O"

Little Blue Mouse said...

Lovely photos, it's great to see Christmas from the other side of the world.

Louise said...

Your photos are wonderful and I really enjoyed seeing them!

I'm glad to see you plan to carry on this year... I did it every month last year and was getting fed up and thinking December would be my last, but I enjoy taking part so much I can't give up!

I look forward to seeing future scavenger photos from you!

Louise

Jane said...

your photo collection makes me want to get the next plane to Australia, the drangon fly is amazing and your colours make me look forward to summer